Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure
At Deventer Ziekenhuis we work hard to maintain and improve the security of our (medical) devices, systems and services. No matter how much effort we put into system security, there might be vulnerabilities present. If you discover a vulnerability you can report it safely via our Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure, so Deventer Ziekenhuis can take safety measurements.
Reporting a vulnerability
If you have found a vulnerability, we would like to hear about it so that we can take appropriate measures as quickly as possible. Deventer Ziekenhuis is keen to cooperate with you to protect our clients and systems better.
If you comply with our Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure policy we have no reason to take legal action against you regarding the reported vulnerability. We ask you to:
- Send your findings to Z-CERT by sending an email to email@example.com encrypted with our PGP-key. Z-CERT is an organization who handles all cyber security issues on behalf of Deventer Ziekenhuis. Z-CERT will work with you and Deventer Ziekenhuis to make sure that your report is handled with care.
- Provide adequate information to allow Z-CERT to reproduce the vulnerability which helps to resolve the problem as quickly as possible. An IP address or URL of the affected system with a description of the vulnerability will usually be sufficient, although more information might be necessary for more complex vulnerabilities.
- Do not exploit vulnerabilities, e.g. by downloading more data than is needed to demonstrate the vulnerability, looking into third-party data, deleting or modifying data.
- If you suspect to have access to medical data we ask you to let us verify this.
- Do not share information on vulnerabilities until they have been resolved and erase any data obtained through vulnerabilities as soon as possible.
- Do not attack physical security, use social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam, brute force attacks or third-party applications.
How we will handle your report:
Deventer Ziekenhuis and Z-CERT will treat your report confidentially and will not share your personal data unless required by law;
- Z-CERT will send you an acknowledgement of receipt and will respond to your report with an evaluation and an expected resolution date within 5 working days;
- Deventer Ziekenhuis and Z-CERT will keep you informed of the progress in resolving the problem;
- In communication about the reported problem we will mention your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
- Deventer Ziekenhuis provides a reward by way of thanks. Depending on the severity of the vulnerability and the quality of the report, the reward can be awarded up to a maximum of € 300,-